Friday 14 June 2019

On Location

We had several days of beautiful weather here.  I enjoyed myself taking afternoon walks regularly.  A couple of days ago, I walked to this little spot; a place that warms the soul as well as pleases the eye.




I brought my sketchbook with me to draw this interesting tree trunk I had previously spotted.  I completed the drawing later at home.




The golden grass illuminated by the warmth of the sun made the shadow patterns cast by the trees appear cooler and darker.  This I thought would be a lot of fun to paint.


Fascinated by the shadows, my eyes scanned the ground to the side of a cinnamon-coloured tree trunk and up through the branches and leaves toward the soft blue sky.  With the birds singing sweetly and nothing but the trees for company, I closed my eyes and my attention shifted to the subtle sounds of the leaves telling each other secrets.  A gentle breeze soothed my senses and allowed me to remain lost in the moment a while longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment